Today is Wednesday, June 23, 2021. Seeing more people walking together, enjoying each other’s company.
Try something new in June. Change up your usual routines to bring yourself to the present while stimulating your brain in new ways.
- Brush your teeth with the other hand.
- Put on your clothes in a different order.
- Make your bed differently.
- Water the plants in a different order.
- Drive a different way to the store or work.
- Rearrange the top of your desk or counter.
Photo by Elnaz Asadi
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Susan L. Taylor, “Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Now, after a deep belly breath, breathe out with a gentle mouth generating a deep vibration saying, “aah.”
- Take another deep belly breath and breathe out humming “mmm” with a deep vibration.
- Repeat deep breaths with “aah” and “mmm” for 5 more cycles, noticing far you feel each of the vibrations in your body.
- Shimmy your shoulders and shake out your arms releasing all tension. Smile.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP