Today is Wednesday, June 16, 2021. Feeling an extra burst of energy to start the day.
Try something new in June. Connect in new ways. Let people you care about know that you are thinking of them.
- Send a postcard to three people during the week. Extra bonus if the postcard includes your artwork or is created from a photo you have taken (there are apps and online resources that make this relatively easy to do).
- Jot a kind note for a colleague at work and leave it someplace they will see it when they return to their desk or work space.
- Reach out with a text or phone message to check in and let someone know you are thinking of them.
- Invite a friend to go for a walk and talk.
- Write a letter or email to someone you haven’t seen in a while.
Photo by Kuchihige Saboten.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Dr. Seuss, “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Try a mountain meditation.
- Find a comfortable seated or standing position, take 3 belly breaths.
- Allowing your body to be still visualize a beautiful mountain.
- Bring your awareness to the mountain’s strength, beauty, stillness.
- Use the strength and beauty of the mountain to recharge you.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP