Today is Monday, June 14, 2021. Sharing the long summer days with the beauty of nature around us.
Try something new in June. Explore bird watching. This is a great way to experience nature and your surroundings.
- Obtain a local bird guide, you can check out a book from the library, download an app on your phone, search a great website, join a local birding club.
- Place a bird feeder near your home.
- Other important tools for bird watching: being present in the environment, being curious about what you are seeing.
Photo by Aaron Doucett.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Temple Grandin, “The most important thing people did for me was to expose me to new things.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Try a mountain meditation.
- Find a comfortable seated or standing position, take 3 belly breaths.
- Allowing your body to be still visualize a beautiful mountain.
- Bring your awareness to the mountain’s strength, beauty, stillness.
- Use the strength and beauty of the mountain to recharge you.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP