Today is Friday, June 4, 2021. Herbs are planted and growing. A great day to taste new flavors.
Try something new in June. Try new flavors:
- Experiment in the kitchen using new spices for vegetables and/or proteins: smoked paprika, sumac, turmeric, garam masala, harissa, Sichuan pepper, sriracha, cardamom, coriander, ginger
- Enjoy the process of cooking a new (online) recipe with ingredients you already have.
- Create a flavor infused water: basil + strawberry, mint + cucumber, lime + coconut, rosemary + blueberry, etc. Lemon can be added to any of these too.
Photo by Laura Cortesi
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Plautus, “Spice a dish with love and it pleases every palate.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Clasp your hands, palms together, fingers intertwined and squeeze your hands tight and hold for a count of three and then release.
- Stretch out your fingers and hands and wiggle them.
- Massage your palms and hands. Smile internally.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP