Today is Monday, June 29, 2020. Humans continue to share through images. The first cartoon was created in 1908 by French cartoonist Emile Cohl, it was called Fantasmagorie.
Inspiration: A Quote from Montesquieu
“To become truly great, one hast to stand with people, not above them.”
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am resilient and growing every day during new challenges. I believe in the strength in me and the global community. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Mindfulness Practice:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Watch an episode of your favorite childhood cartoon.
- Laugh and smile at your childhood memories.
- Connect with the silliness of the cartoon.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP