Today is Monday, June 22, 2020. Seahorses mate for life. They travel together holding each other’s tails.
Connecting with each other around the world, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. You are part of a community that extends around the world, reading these daily anchoring messages, sharing in a simple routine that can be used to center us in our every day. Together, we get to add our love and kindness into the world around us.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Patricia Cornwell
“Do no harm and leave the world a better place than you found it.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Take a Belly Breathe Break.
- Close your eyes and take 5 deep belly breathes.
- With each breath, slow it down and pause between breaths.
- Notice where your body relaxes. Open your eyes and smile.
Anchor yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am AMAZING and I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are working together towards solutions. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP