Today is Saturday, June 6, 2020. The sky is a reminder of openness and infinite possibilities. It is so beautiful with the visual contrasts at sunrise and sunset.
Connecting with each other around the world, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages across the globe to offer a simple routine that can be helpful to center us in uncertain moments.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Mother Theresa
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Practice breath training.
- With mouth closed, take a deep breath in through your nose for 4 counts.
- Hold your breath for 5 counts.
- Breath out through your mouth with a sigh for 6 counts.
- Repeat 2 or more times.
- Smile and embrace the rest of the day. You can repeat this breath training any time you want to pause and center yourself.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are doing this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP