Today is Friday, April 22, 2022. Relishing the longer days.
A quote by Venus Williams, “Some people say I have attitude – maybe I do…but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.”
Photo taken by Dan Deziel, Sunset Moon
April is about Springing forward. Let’s take some time to explore strategies and activities for continued growth. Identify the people, places and things that inspire you, remind you and reconnect you with your best self. Engage with them regularly. Examples may be:
- Role models, mentors, teachers, spiritual guides, counselors, children, family, friends, colleagues, pets, etc.
- Gardens, outdoors in nature, spa, farm, home, school, work, library, charity, museum, theatre, etc.
- Journal entries, mission statement, inspirational quotes, photo album, art, book, music, poem, etc.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Continue to belly breath. As you breath in, open your arms wide and lift your chest; as you breath out, wrap your arms around the body bringing the chin towards the heart. Notice the sense of flow; we can choose to open AND close.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP