Today is Monday, April 25, 2022. Watching the buds on the trees cheerfully swaying in the wind, starting the new week.
A quote by Matshona Dhliwayo, “If you tend to a flower, it will bloom, no matter how many weeds surround it.”
Photo taken by Hossam M. Omar
April is about Springing forward. Let’s take some time to explore strategies and activities for continued growth. Consider the ways you can contribute to others’ growth.
- Mentor someone to achieve their potential.
- Sponsor an individual’s skills development, next steps.
- Introduce people who can combine forces to solve problems.
- Teach and open minds.
- Inspire others by being a role model.
- Encourage someone to develop their unique gift.
- Share loving kindness and compassion towards others.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- With every refreshing breath cycle, think about an individual that you appreciate and send out positive energy and warmth to that individual.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP