Today is Wednesday, April 20, 2022. Thinking about all the love and joy we receive from family and friends.
A quote by Albert Einstein “Commit yourself to lifelong learning. The most valuable asset you’ll ever have is your mind and what you put into it.”
Photo taken by: szwedowski
April is about Springing forward. Let’s take some time to explore strategies and activities for continued growth. Explore ways to expand your personal “circle.”
- Volunteer with an organization you are interested in
- Read about new interests
- Reconnect with old friends
- Volunteer to work on a new project at work
- Invite a coworker you don’t know well to tea
- Try wearing a new color
- Explore a different type of cuisine
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Continue to belly breath. As you breath in, open your arms wide and lift your chest; as you breath out, wrap your arms around the body bringing the chin towards the heart. Notice the sense of flow; we can choose to open AND close.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP