Today is Friday, April 29, 2022. Wondering what good I can contribute today.
A quote by Joseph Campbell “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.”
Photo taken by Tony
April is about Springing forward. Let’s close the month with an activity for continued growth. Reflect on what areas of your life you want to grow in and choose a focus area to just think about. Some examples are below. Writing some of your thoughts may activate your mind to help you.
- Personal relationships: Making new friends? Reconnecting with friends? Spending more time with loved ones? Creating deeper connections?
- Your career, your calling: Changing career path? Engaging in more meaningful work? Pursuing your dream work? Realigning with your values? Taking classes?
- Charity: Improving ways to volunteer or contribute in more meaningful ways? Discovering additional ways to serve others? Joining organizations that make a difference?
- Personal health: Getting check ups and screenings? Learning about and implementing a nutrition strategy to promote health and healing? Establishing physical activity goals and plans? Setting self-care routines? Blocking enough time to sleep? Finding mental and/or spiritual support?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- With every refreshing breath cycle, think about an individual that you appreciate and send out positive energy and warmth to that individual.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP