Today is Friday, April 8, 2022. So excited, the bulbs are visible.
A quote by Janice Anderson, “Nature is one of the most underutilized treasures in life. It has the power to unburden hearts and reconnect to that inner place of peace.”
Photo from Nicole Siparsky, MD, Crocus emerging in a Wicker Park garden
April is about Springing forward. Let’s take some time to explore strategies and activities for continued growth. Start your day with the intention to recognize moments of joy during the day.
- Making spontaneous eye contact and smiling with acknowledgement of the other person.
- Completing a task.
- Enjoying reading.
- Listening to favorite music.
- Watching a child laugh, play, discover, persist at trying something, succeed.
- Feeling proud of something you did well.
- Sharing with a friend.
- Engaging in warm conversation.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to belly breathe, smile. Connect to the sensations on your face. Notice how it feels to bring a gentle smile to your face.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP