Today is Monday, April 18, 2022. Feeling curious for what this new week will bring.
A quote by Albert Schweitzer, “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
Photo taken by: Franck Legros
April is about Springing forward. Let’s take some time to explore strategies and activities for continued growth. Re-connecting with an old hobby or learning a new hobby is a great way to foster your imagination, bolster your self-care routine, and experience some mindful moments.
- Join a club: a chess club, sewing club, ski club, book club….
- Take a class: cooking, painting, poetry, gardening
- Start a walking group with your neighbors
- Fly a kite
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Continue to belly breath. As you breath in, open your arms wide and lift your chest; as you breath out, wrap your arms around the body bringing the chin towards the heart. Notice the sense of flow; we can choose to open AND close.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP