Today is Friday, April 15, 2022. Appreciating friends contributing photos.
A quote by Jess C. Scott, “When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”
Photo taken in Wyoming’s Teton Creek by Jose Velasco, MD: “Owls represent wisdom, clairvoyance, and vigilance.”
April is about Springing forward. Let’s take some time to explore strategies and activities for continued growth. Routines can help you continue to navigate your path of growth. Some ideas for the end-of-week routine:
- Make a list of next step actions for new week to make it easy to get started.
- Clear out the clutter from the past week to clear the mind.
- Identify those who taught you something this past week and reflect on the lessons.
- Forgive and let go of what you need to in order to reset and move forward.
- Cherish those you love, those you are grateful for, and send out love.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to belly breathe, inhale confidence, exhale doubt.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP