Today is Wednesday, April 13, 2022. Appreciating the gifts of kindness others bring to our lives.
A quote by Abraham Maslow. “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.”
Photo from Bebedi
April is about Springing forward. Let’s take some time to explore strategies and activities for continued growth. Routines can help you continue to navigate your path of growth. Some ideas for our evening routine:
- Prioritize Sleep
- Meal prep for the following day
- Read, explore a new topic
- Relaxing movements like yoga or stretching
- As you lay in bed and close your eyes, reflect on all the great things you did today. Maybe it was that you made eye contact with someone, maybe you held the door for someone, you drank an extra glass of water today….
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to belly breathe, inhale confidence, exhale doubt.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP