Today is Friday, February 4, 2022. Seeing the sun come up earlier in the day.
A quote by Maya Angelou “I must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very life depends upon self-love and self-respect.”
Photo by: Robin S.
February is the month dedicated to Love. Love is not only a feeling it is a verb, an action. Let’s look at showing love, first towards yourself.
- Talk to yourself with compassion
- Set boundaries with your time and prioritize your needs
- Trust yourself
- Spend quality time with yourself—HAVE SOME FUN! =)
- Try a new activity or hobby
- Read a good book
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Release your neck muscles.
- Slowly and gently stretch your neck fascia and muscles by tilting your chin down, stretching the back of the neck, breathing in and out slowly for a full belly breath cycle; then return to neutral for another full breath cycle.
- Repeat the breathing cycles as you turn and tilt your head and neck in various ways that feel good.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP