Today is Wednesday, February 2, 2022. Yearning for warmer weather and simultaneously practicing appreciation of the warmth possible in colder weather.
A quote by Dalai Lama “Love is the absence of judgement.”
Photo by Alice Washington
February is the month dedicated to Love. Love is not only a feeling; it is a verb, an action. Let’s look at showing love, first, for yourself.
- Take a daily walk
- Hydrate with water
- Try some new foods
- Get adequate sleep
- Start your morning with a positive thought
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Release your neck muscles.
- Slowly and gently stretch your neck fascia and muscles by tilting your chin down, stretching the back of the neck, breathing in and out slowly for a full belly breath cycle; then return to neutral for another full breath cycle.
- Repeat the breathing cycles as you turn and tilt your head and neck in various ways that feel good.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP