Today is Monday, February 21, 2022. Noticing the contrasting colors outside.
A quote by Tom Allen, “Winter forms our character and brings out our best.”
Photo by Nicole Siparsky, MD, Sunset, Lake Michigan in winter
February is the month dedicated to Love. Love is not only a feeling it is a verb, an action. This week, reflect on how people communicate love and caring. What works for you?
- Taking time and listening to you?
- Writing a letter, a story, a poem?
- Preparing you a meal for your busiest time?
- Sending a funny photo or text when you are apart?
- Serenading or playing music for you?
- Drawing or painting a picture for you?
- Observing you and recognizing how to make something just a little bit easier?
- Spending time together?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- With each breath, inhale positive energy and feel the abundance.
- Focus on the warmth your body’s core is generating as you exhale and add to the universe of positive energy.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP