Today is Monday, February 7, 2022. Snow is easy to appreciate when time is flexible.
A quote by James Baldwin: “If you know whence you came, there is really no limit to where you can go.”
Photo by: Jack Blueberry
February is the month dedicated to Love. Love is not only a feeling it is a verb, an action. This week, we can practice ways to share love and cheer.
- Draw, paint, write, sculpt, create something for someone special in your life.
- Leave a pleasant surprise for someone to find – a flower, a candle, a note, or photo.
- Send a postcard, letter, or care package to someone you are thinking about.
- Schedule a game night or movie night with friends- virtual ok.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Check in with yourself with a body scan.
- Start with your head and work your way down to your toes
- Notice each body part
- If you notice discomfort or tension in a body part, pause and offer the body part a soothing belly breath.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP