Today is Wednesday, December 8, 2021. Spotting a Cardinal (bird in picture) in nature can have many meanings. Among them: Love, confidence, balance, loyalty, luck, and a sign that someone who has passed is watching over you.
A quote from Coco Chanel. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.”
Photo by: Ray Hennessy
December Delights are here. This December let’s focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
Surround yourself with beauty.
- Set up your home, work, or study space to include your favorite colors.
- Place beautiful photos or art so you see it frequently.
- Add plants inside to bring nature indoors.
- Listen to favorite music in the background.
- Stimulate your senses with aroma therapy simmering cinnamon, using essential oils, candles, or potpourri.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Lean and rest your head towards the right shoulder and hold for a count of 3. Feel the gentle stretch. Then, repeat on the left side. Feel a gentle stretch.
- Bring your chin to your chest and look down. Hold for a count of 3. Feel the gentle stretch.
- Lace your fingers behind your lower back and gently lift your chin and look up. Hold for a count of 3. Feel the gentle stretch and then return to neutral & roll the shoulders back and down. Smile.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner strength, I can absorb and magnify the love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP