Today is Monday, December 6, 2021. The windy day reminds me that difficult times are temporary.
A quote from Pablo Picasso. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”
Photo by Jeremy Bishop
December Delights is here. This December let’s focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
Share a token of appreciation through the mail or drop it off at home or leave it on their desk.
- Send a pretty picture postcard.
- Write a friendly note.
- Deliver a plant.
- Share some fresh herbs.
- Gift a favorite book.
- Wrap a box of delicious tea for someone.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Lean and rest your head towards the right shoulder and hold for a count of 3. Feel the gentle stretch. Then, repeat on the left side. Feel a gentle stretch.
- Bring your chin to your chest and look down. Hold for a count of 3. Feel the gentle stretch.
- Lace your fingers behind your lower back and gently lift your chin and look up. Hold for a count of 3. Feel the gentle stretch and then return to neutral & roll the shoulders back and down. Smile.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner strength, I can absorb and magnify the love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP