Today is Friday, December 3, 2021. Finishing the work week, planning recharge time.
A quote from Princess Diana, “Every one of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.”
Photos by Nicole Siparsky, MD
December Delights returns. This December let’s focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
Focus on your daily self-care routine:
- Upon waking, rehydrate with a glass of water.
- Start your day watching the sun rise.
- After waking, do some gentle yoga stretches or go for a morning walk.
- Listen to uplifting music.
- Pack your favorite lunch.
- Buy yourself pretty flowers.
- Enjoy some aroma therapy.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- For a calming lift, try Bumble Bee Breathing.
- Continuing to Belly breath, inhale through your nose, cover your ears with the palms of your hands.
- Exhale making a bumble bee buzz, continue to exhale for as long as you can. Repeat this cycle for at least 3 breaths.
- When done, check in with your body and notice the calming response.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP