Today is Wednesday, December 1, 2021. Appreciating the beauty and joy of the birds sitting outside my window.
A quote from Eleanor Roosevelt. “Friendship with oneself is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.”
Photo by Nicole Siparsky, MD: Wicker Park Fall
December Delights returns. This December lets focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
You can use positive affirmations throughout the day to honor your life’s path.
- Post positive affirmations on sticky notes and place them where you will see them often: on your computer, the refrigerator, the mirror; in your car, your wallet, your calendar.
- I believe in myself.
- I deserve to be happy.
- Everything is temporary.
- I accept all of me with Love.
- I am growing wiser each day.
- I honor my life’s path.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- For a calming lift, try Bumble Bee Breathing.
- Continuing to Belly breath, inhale through your nose, cover your ears with the palms of your hands.
- Exhale making a bumble bee buzz, continue to exhale for as long as you can. Repeat this cycle for at least 3 breaths.
- When done, check in with your body and notice the calming response.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP