Today is Monday, November 29, 2021. Reflecting on personal growth over the years.
An inspiring quote from Viktor Frankl, “The one thing you can’t take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me. The last of one’s freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given circumstance.”
Photos by Dan Deziel: Autumn Shroud, Morning Sparkle
This November, it’s about novelty for personal growth and confidence, for opportunities to interact with new people, and for play.
Explore a new culture or religion.
- Check out a library book.
- Spend some time with someone from a different culture or religion.
- Explore a new community or neighborhood—visit museums, parks and restaurants.
- Try new spices and recipes.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- For a calming lift, try Bumble Bee Breathing.
- Continuing to Belly breath, inhale through your nose, cover your ears with the palms of your hands.
- Exhale making a bumble bee buzz, continue to exhale for as long as you can. Repeat this cycle for at least 3 breaths.
- When done, check in with your body and notice the calming response.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP