Today is Monday, July 19, 2021. Appreciating that adding a little sparkle to Monday, is a set up for a great week.
July marks the start of the second half of the year and a time to add sparkle to our days. This week, we explore rekindling a romance with something you loved in the past. Joyful connections can improve your immune system and longevity.
- Dust off your dance shoes and sign up for a dance class or have a dance party with friends and family.
- Bring out your sketch pad and draw something new to you.
- Bring your camera with you on your next walk and take pictures of something you have not noticed before.
- Pick some flowers and make a beautiful flower arrangement.
Photo by: Eillieelien
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Gabrielle Giffords, “Your future shines bright—find your purpose and go for it. Starting tomorrow, you can change the world.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Slowly, turn your head side to side five times each side.
- Gently, release your neck, look up, muscles chin up for a full, deep breath in and out, and then look down, chin down for a full, refreshing breath in and out.
- You are all good.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP