Today is Monday, July 26, 2021. Surrounded by peace, joy, and beauty, fueling the soul.
July marks the start of the second half of the year and a time to remember you can add sparkle to your days. This week, we focus on opportunities to add sparkle to our self-care routine. Consider ways to add sparkle to your movement.
- Do short intervals of increased pace on your walk, run, row…
- Make a new playlist with different tempo.
- Try a new warm up or cool down routine.
- Add some lemon, lime, or cucumber to your hydration routine.
Photo by: Jeremy Zero
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Beyoncé, “Be heathy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you you.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- While sitting outside choose an object to focus on: notice what colors you see, what sounds you hear, what fragrance you smell. Smile with appreciation for all the splendors.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP