Today is Wednesday, July 21, 2021. Taking a midweek pause, considering how I would like to end the week.
July marks the start of the second half of the year and a time to add sparkle to our days. This week, we explore rekindling a romance with something you loved in the past. Social connections can improve our immune system and longevity.
- Reconnect with a charity you have volunteered for in the past.
- Reach out with a handwritten note to old coworkers or friends to say hello!
- Connect with a family member to share an old family recipe with you.
- Cook an old family recipe and share with your family.
Photo by: Roven Images
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Sheri Fink. “Every day is a great day to give love, spread joy, and sparkle.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Slowly, turn your head side to side five times each side.
- Gently, release your neck, look up, muscles chin up for a full, deep breath in and out, and then look down, chin down for a full, refreshing breath in and out.
- You are all good.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP