Today is Friday, July 16, 2021. Appreciation for today, adding an extra bounce to my step, brightening my surroundings, generating positive energy.
July marks the start of the second half of the year and a time to add sparkle to our days. This week, we explore intentionally start each day with sparkle. Today, add sparkle with visual cues. Add to the list started on Monday and pick one or two to try in the mornings. Here are some ideas.
- Choose a favorite or colorful accessory or item that cheers you up and makes you feel great, then choose your day’s outfit around it.
- Water plants, step out into nature, check on the garden.
- Look for happiness and smiles. Walk your dog and exchange smiles as you pass others walking dogs too.
Photo at the Garfield Conservatory, Chicago- by: The Peaceful Surgeon
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Marcus Aurelius, “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- On an inhale, reach your arms up like you are making the letter “V.” Stretch tall, look far out, feel your core.
- Breath out and release your arms so they are relaxed and dangling and let your shoulders sink.
- Roll your shoulders forward and then reverse roll. Turn your neck side to side gently and you are good to go.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP