Today is Monday, April 26, 2021. Birds can be so free and they choose to stay connected with each other.
Ascending through April. Sharing creates deeper connections that can be health promoting. Exchange ideas, suggestions, resources that you have found add positively to your life.
- Join or start a (gardening, book, robotics, cooking, exercise, etc.) club to expand your circle and get new ideas, learn new techniques, meet people with similar interests.
- Collect a list of recommended books or podcasts in various categories.
- Introduce someone to a hobby you enjoy – coloring, knitting, playing an instrument, coding, ballroom dancing, herb gardening.
- Establish a recipe bank for everyone to chip into – favorites, types of food, meal types, etc.
- Invite others to philanthropic events or charities or opportunities to volunteer.
Photo by: Alexander Schimmeck
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, “Love does not dominate, it cultivates.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- If you want to release tension, try the STOP technique taught in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses.
- Take a Breath
- Open and Observe
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP