Today is Wednesday, April 28, 2021. The days continue to get longer in the north and it seems to be adding more uplifting moments.
Ascending through April. Share something special- that you have created- with those you interact with often.
- Prepare a family recipe and share it with your group at work, school, or home.
- Draw or paint or sculpt something meaningful and put it out on display in a common area.
- Share a video or audio recording you have created.
- Send a copy of something you have written.
- Knit, crochet, or sew an item for the group.
Photo by: Gonzalo Facello
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Erma Bombeck, “It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- If you want to release tension, try the STOP technique taught in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses.
- Take a Breath
- Open and Observe
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP