Today is Friday, April 23, 2021. Enjoying the seasonal transition, the birds are out and about chatting with each other.
Ascending through April. Being curious keeps the mind open to new possibilities. Ways to foster curiosity include:
- Ask lots of questions.
- Avoid taking things for granted.
- Be willing to be wrong.
- Practice empathy to connect with others.
- Read something new.
Photo by: Fran Lee
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Napoleon Hill “Cherish your visions and your dreams, as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Bring your focus to your hands and release the muscles in your hands.
- Next, bringing your hands together, gently squeeze each fingertip, one by one, until you have connected with each finger.
- Being present, smile to yourself.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP