Today is Wednesday, February 24, 2021. When outside, do you notice any different color palettes? Has the snow brought a peaceful silence? Are there any animals scurrying about?
An inspirational quote by Mark Twain. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try and cheer somebody else up.”
February Feelings. While this month can – at times – feel cold in places where it is winter, inside, we can be warmed by happiness and joy.
Staying connected with friends, family, and community can spark happiness.
- Reach out to friends and family you have not spoken to for a while, call or send a note.
- Smile to people.
- Be fully present during conversations.
- Send or drop off a care package for someone.
Photo by Hans-Jurgen Mager
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Explore a Loving Kindness Practice
- Find a comfortable position.
- Take several calming belly breaths.
- Repeat positive phrases towards yourself.
- May I be happy.
- May I be healthy.
- May I be peaceful.
- May I be strong.
- May I be confident.
- Smile to yourself.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am open to myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I appreciate myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP