Today is Monday, February 22, 2021. While we are dreaming of warmer weather in the North, February is a great time to start planning your summer garden.
An inspirational quote by Samuel Taylor Colridge. “The happiness of life is made up of the little charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment.”
February Feelings. While this month can – at times – feel cold in places where it is winter, inside, we can be warmed by happiness and joy.
Pause to appreciate the goodness that surrounds you.
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Verbalize gratitude to others.
- Replay happy memories.
- After waking in the morning think of one thing you are grateful for.
- Tell someone you work with, what you appreciate about them.
Photo by: Fran Lee
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Explore a Loving Kindness Practice
- Find a comfortable position.
- Take several calming belly breaths.
- Repeat positive phrases towards yourself.
- May I be happy.
- May I be healthy.
- May I be peaceful.
- May I be strong.
- May I be confident.
- Smile to yourself.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am open to myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I appreciate myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP