Today is Wednesday, February 10, 2021. The violet is the February birth flower. It symbolizes loyalty and faithfulness.
An inspirational quote by Zora Neal Hurston: “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding space.”
February Feelings. While this month can – at times – feel cold in places where it is winter, inside, we can be glowing with compassion.
Reflect on a time when you showed compassion toward others, what feelings did you experience? Some ways to show compassion include:
- Praise and encourage others
- Make eye contact
- Actively listen when someone is speaking with you
- Share joy and sadness with others
Photo by Jack Skinner
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Try a “R.A.I.N.” practice to help clarify emotions:
- R—Recognize that you are experiencing emotions
- A—Allow the feelings to be there
- I—Investigate how these feelings are being manifested in your body
- N—Non-judgmental—our feelings are not right or wrong, it is simply where we are at right now.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am open to myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I appreciate myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP