Today is Wednesday, January 20, 2021. Transitions and change are part of life. Taking moments to check-in and connect with love.
An inspirational quote by Maya Angelou. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.”
The Joy of January. This is a symbolic moment to launch a new year to lay the foundation for a brighter future.
To move forward may require courage. Practice developing courage.
- Look forward and imagine what is possible. Write it down.
- Try something new.
- Turn off electronics for a time period.
- Embrace uncertainty.
- Send a note of appreciation to someone you have been thinking about.
- Wear a bright color.
- Share your writing, artwork, or music with others.
- Do the next thing to move you towards your dreams.
- Ask for help, support, guidance, mentorship.
- Kindly decline when you need to.
Photo by Jessica Ruscello
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Wrap your arms around yourself into a warm embrace.
- Close your eyes and tighten your embrace.
- Take 3 deep belly breaths and release into your supportive embrace with each exhalation.
Recharge yourself and spread love when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am aware of myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP