Today is Tuesday, June 23, 2020. Light from the sun takes eight minutes to reach the earth.
Connecting with each other around the world, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. You are part of a community that extends around the world, reading these daily anchoring messages, sharing in a simple routine that can be used to center us in our every day. Together, we get to add our love and kindness into the world around us.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from: Whitney M. Young Jr
“Stretch your mind and fly.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Take a break to head outside and find the sun.
- Take 3 belly breaths, feel the warmth of the sun on your skin.
- Smile at the energy the sun brings.
Anchor yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am AMAZING and I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are working together towards solutions. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP