Today is Sunday, June 21, 2020. In honor of Fathers everywhere, Happy Father’s Day. The Annular Solar Eclipse, which will look like a glowing ring in the sky, occurs today. It will be visible from parts of Asia and Africa. It rarely coincides with the June solstice which is also today.
Connecting with each other around the world, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. You are part of a community that extends around the world, reading these daily anchoring messages, sharing in a simple routine that can be used to center us in our every day. Together, we get to add our love and kindness into the world around us.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Marcus Aurelius, Meditation
“When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love …”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Tighten and Release.
- Tighten your arm muscles and breathe deeply 1 belly breath. Then release completely and breathe deeply.
- Tighten your leg muscles from your hips to your toes and hold for a full breath cycle. Then release completely and take 2 deep belly breaths.
- Shake out your arms and legs. Smile, and embrace this day.
Anchor yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am AMAZING and I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are working together towards solutions. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP