Today is Thursday, June 18, 2020. In the northern hemisphere, June is the month with the longest daylight hours.
Connecting with each other around the world, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages across the globe to offer a simple routine that can be used to center us in order to create a better future for all.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Pele
“The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Try to STOP.
- S-stand up and breathe—feel your connection to the earth.
- T-tune into your body, notice any physical sensations you are experiencing.
- O-Observe something in the environment that is pleasant.
- P- What is Possible, what are the next steps moving forward.
Anchor yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am AMAZING and I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are working together towards solutions. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP