Today is Tuesday, June 16, 2020. Broccoli is actually considered a flower.
Connecting with each other around the world, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages across the globe to offer a simple routine that can be used to center us in order to create a better future for all.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from: Theodore Roethke
“Deep in their roots all flowers keep the light”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Choose a color, maybe choose yellow, observe yellow everywhere in your environment.
- Every day of this week choose a different color.
- Notice it in your surroundings.
- Appreciate the brilliance of color all around us.
Anchor yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am AMAZING and I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are working together towards solutions. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP