Today is Friday, June 12, 2020. The sun baked the earth, and the rain cooled it off. The rainbow visited.
Reflecting mindfully, connecting and sharing experiences together, we can be a part of the love and kindness surrounding us. We share these daily anchoring messages across the globe to offer a simple daily routine that can be used to center us in order to create a better future for all.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Erin Morgenstern
“You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone’s soul, becomes their blood and self and purpose. That tale will move them and drive them and who knows that they might do because of it, because of your words. That is your role, your gift.”
Photos by Katherine Puckett, PhD
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Reveal your mind.
- Grab a piece of paper and colorful pens, markers, crayons, paints, whatever.
- Draw or write whatever needs to be expressed. Be free and use however many colors you want.
- Feel the sensation of your hand connecting with your movements and the friction of the paper against the pens, markers, crayons, paints, whatever.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are doing this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP