Today is Tuesday, June 9, 2020. Through the loving care and effort of another, young robins learn to fly.
Connecting with each other around the world, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages across the globe to offer a simple routine that can be used to center us in order to create a better future for all.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote by Michael Jordan
“You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.”
Photos of Wonder by Katherine Puckett, PhD: Robins from May 8th (Just hatched) to May 20th (Learning to fly)
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Roll your shoulders one at a time.
- Roll your shoulders backwards dramatically, alternating right and left and notice how far down your body you feel the stretch and movement. Repeat until you feel looser.
- Now, roll your shoulders forward, alternating right and left and notice additional areas of your body that now feel the movement. Repeat until you feel looser.
- Rotate your head side to side and then tilt your head up and down. Breathe and move on with your day.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are doing this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP