Today is Sunday, June 7, 2020. From the top of a mountain, the perspective opens up and changes.
Connecting with each other around the world, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages across the globe to offer a simple routine that can be helpful to center us in uncertain moments.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Thuli Madonsela
“I need to listen well so that I hear what is not said.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Release your neck gently.
- Gently and slowly turn your head to the right and left, holding at each side. Repeat 5 times each side.
- Gently and slowly tilt your head up and down. Repeat 5 times each side.
- Gently and slowly tilt your chin up and to the left and then up and to the right. Repeat 5 times.
- Shrug your shoulders and smile and you have renewed energy.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are doing this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP