Today is Thursday, June 4, 2020. Sea otters hold each other’s paws as they fall asleep so they don’t drift apart.
Connecting with each other around the world, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages across the globe to offer a simple routine that can be helpful to center us in uncertain moments.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Henry Ford
“When everything seems to be against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind not with it.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Take a break to watch a You Tube video of puppies, or cats, or maybe the Penguins walking through the Shedd Aquarium.
- Smile and laugh at the cuteness.
- Watch it multiple times if it cheers you up and let that be enough “exploring” on the web for right now.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are doing this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP