Today is Tuesday, June 2, 2020. Floating colorful hot air balloons spread wonder and smiles on the ground.
Connecting with each other around the world, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages across the globe to offer a simple routine that can be helpful to center us in uncertain moments.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Coco Chanel
“In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Stretch your facial muscles.
- Raise your eyebrows up as high as you can. Then release.
- Raise your eyebrows up as high as you can and shift your eyes left and then to the right. Then release. (did you smile?)
- Finally, raise your eyebrows up high until your mouth smiles.
- It’s ok to chuckle if someone saw you.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are doing this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP