Today is Wednesday, August 3, 2022. It is warm out there.
A quote by Lao Tzu. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.”
Photo by Sandy Millar
This August is about simplifying to calm and restore inner peace.
Find your easy-to-access “nature” space:
- A picture of trees, flowers, water.
- A beautiful potted plant.
- A view of flowing water, trees swaying in the wind, ducks waddling.
- A sound machine playing pleasant nature sounds.
- A garden or walking trail.
- A scenic driving route.
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- For the next 5 breaths out, hum. Let the vibration settle your core even more. Smile.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP