Today is Friday, August 12, 2022. Appreciating the beauty in the simplicity of nature.
A quote by Henry David Thoreau, “Simplicity is the law of nature for men as well as for flowers.”
Photo by: T Schofield
This August is about simplifying to calm and restore inner peace.
Simplify your schedule:
- Set your priorities
- Pause before you respond to a request
- Know your limits, it’s OK to say no
- Meal prep
- Have a regular sleep routine
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Picture yourself in a relaxed state. See yourself on your favorite walking path, a favorite vacation spot, sitting on a porch with a friend…
- Smile to yourself.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP