Today is Monday, August 29, 2022. Wondering what are the favorite sounds of summer?
A quote by Lao Tzu. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes.”
Photo by: Toltek
This August is about simplifying to calm and restore inner peace.
Find positive outlets for difficult emotions.
- Dance… be physically active
- Call a friend
- Read a book
- Watch a funny TV show
- Have some time with your pet
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Allow yourself to be curious, notice the sensations: is the air warm, are the shoulders relaxed, the sounds that you hear. If your mind wanders away from your focus on breathing it is OK, simply note that and then return to your breaths.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP