Today is Monday, August 1, 2022. Early morning hours, birds are active and feeling good!
A quote by Pema Chodron, “Something is going to come of this. Something new. This can end you up in a whole new place- a much more open place.”
Photo by Philip Myrtorp
This August is about simplifying to calm and restore inner peace.
Create a pocket of silence in your day. Find a daily routine, that could be done in silence for the month of August. Let your mind wander during that routine time.
- Commute in silence.
- Go through hygiene routines in silence.
- Walk in nature in silence.
- Garden, cook, or journal in silence.
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- For the next 5 breaths out, hum. Let the vibration settle your core even more. Smile.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP