Today is Friday, June 10, 2022. Feeling grateful for finding joy all around me.
A quote by Mark Twain. “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.”
Photo by chendongshan
Finding Joy in June. For the second half of the year, let’s focus on ways we can find joy. Being joyful can extend your life, relieve stress, and pain, and promote a healthy lifestyle.
Staying connected with others fosters opportunities to experience joy.
- Organize a “pot luck” dinner with your neighbors
- Form a walking group with your coworkers at lunch
- Plan a regular family game night
- Reconnect with some old classmates
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to Belly breath, inhale past or current joyful moments, exhale difficult or challenging moments.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP