Today is Wednesday, June 8, 2022. Feeling the Re-charging energy of the sun’s warmth.
A quote by Helen Keller. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.”
Photo by: Jane Botova
Finding Joy in June. For the second half of the year, let’s focus on ways we can find joy. Being joyful can extend your life, relieve stress, and pain, and promote a healthy lifestyle.
Joy is connected to appreciating things; keeping a gratitude journal can bring us joy.
- Describe your favorite moment of the day
- Describe something that cheers you up
- Write about something you accomplished today and how you feel about it.
- Write about a pet and what makes them special
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to Belly breathe, inhale past or current joyful moments, exhale difficult or challenging moments.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP